On Monday Night RAW this week, Kurt Angle announced that the multi-man match had been scrapped for Extreme Rules to determine Brock Lesnar’s next Universal Challenger. Angle said that the reason for it was ‘contractual issues’ with Brock.
Please subscribe to my WWE Youtube channel to support me.
Dave Meltzer provided an update on the situation in the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter (subscribe here). Below are some highlights.
– Meltzer says the ‘contractual issues’ stuff is all storyline. The current plan at the moment is Bobby Lashley vs Roman Reigns at Extreme Rules in a singles match with the winner becoming Brock’s next challenger. He also says that the current plan is still Lesnar vs Reigns at Summerslam.
– According to Meltzer, the idea behind the ‘contractual issues’ stuff is to get Lesnar booed by the fans. The idea this time is to make it seem like Lesnar is heading to UFC with the Universal Championship. The goal behind this is to push the narrative for hardcore fans that Brock isn’t willing to drop the Title on his way out of WWE.
– The idea is to make it look like Brock is leaving. They will also have WWE stars keep telling Reigns that he doesn’t deserve another shot after his last few failures. Meltzer says that the goal (as of this week) is for fans to be sympathetic towards Reigns for the match or at the very least have some “grudging admiration” for him after he finally takes the Title off Brock.
– We will find out in a few days if Brock re-entered the USADA testing pool. This will give some insight into Brock’s future and if he will be fighting the winner of Daniel Cormier vs Stipe Miocic.
Speaking of Extreme Rules, here are 12 predictions for the event.
Your thoughts?